When you have finished a book try one of these ideas.
They will help show your understanding of the text and review what you have read.
If you can think of any more ideas I can add them to our list!
- Draw a setting from the book and label with descriptive phrases.
- Chose a character to draw and label with adjectives.
- Complete a book review, would you recommend this? To whom? Why?
- Make some true/false cards and challenge your friends and family to discover the answers when sharing the text again.
- Act out a scene from the story for your friends and family.
- Write a new ending to the story, changing the conclusion to the text.
- Write a glossary of new words from your book, writing a clear definition for each.
- Chose 2 characters and write a list of similarities and differences.
- Create a bookshop poster advertising your book. Why should we buy it?
- Write a list of questions for the next person who reads the book to answer.
- Write a letter to the author. Ask relevant questions about the theme of the book and their style of writing.
- Chose a character and add some dialogue of things they might, or did say in the story.
- Draw a story mountain showing the beginning, middle and end.
- Write a new short story using the same character.
- Make a list of 'wow' words you want to use in your own writing.